View Single Post
      06-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #74
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G30) 550xi

In Sum...

I agree that consolidating the technology you're carrying around into one device has both its positive and negative features.

Nice feature to add to your phone, but the accepted technology standard requires that you have a newer phone with the appropriate hardware to implement the standard. Nice for the smart phone provider in the short term, especially at $1,000+ for a new phone (if want all the higher end model).

Since I usually keep my phone in my back pocket, I'm not sure I want to put my a$$ up against the door handle to unlock the care, so it's not totally convenient.

I would like to see a valet pre-set sharable key (low speed limit, no radio, notifications when the valet key is used), along with other pre-programmed sharable keys (why set it up every time when you let the teenager move the car in the driveway/back it out of the garage).

Does it notify you when a shared key is used; and when a shared key is being used, if it isn't your partner/spouse, I want location updates every 10 minutes.

And last, does anyone know if the new standard inhibits the replay attacks thieves are currently using to boost cars with comfort access and push button start?

Tom

2003 E65 745i | 2011 F10 550i | 2021 G30 M550xi
Appreciate 0