View Single Post
      09-06-2022, 09:50 AM   #11
h0schi
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i (F26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
however... let me just give you some knowledge on the matter. Yes, they aren't sexy 4 pot brakes like the new G01/G02, but the F26 M40i front calipers and rotors at 348MM, vented and directional do the job PLENTY fine. Even for the most aggressive drivers (unless you're tracking it, but if you bought an x4 for the track you're confused, the only way to track an SUV is with ceramic brakes.. ie Urus, RSQ8, big boy wallets)....

the brakes on your X4 M40i are MORE than capable for the job, even at 110MPH.. you just might hav to replace the rotors/pads every 18 months if you drive like I do.

To save you a LOT of time and effort.. there is NO feasible way to upgrade your brakes on an F26 M40i, the photos I showed you are achieved using M6 front rotors, 5 series M sport calipers and a custom caliper mounting bracket machined to spec. Its just not worth it, cost or complexity. Go enjoy your car, maybe change the brakes, but it's perfect... just have fun.
Thanks for your informations, spucktacular

I'm planning at the moment an upgrade to 374x36.
Is it necessary to modify the brake-pads ?

I've see a lot of videos and pictures which is shown that the brake-pads are too big for the M5 (E60) brake-discs.

With regards
Appreciate 0