06-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #22
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
Prop shaft was finally replaced last week and now vibration under acceleration is gone. It still doesn't seem to be as smooth as it should be though.
Thats great to hear, really pleased for you.

I feel we are both at the same place with this now. Since the ugly vibration has disappeared, i can feel a much lighter one at the front of the car now, can be felt through the pedals/wheel and is indicative of something at the front that appears from 20-30mph. She's not my daily, so its taken a few weeks for me to realise im still not happy. Every time i get back in my buttery smooth F31 335d it reminds me that somethin's still not right with that F26.

Ours is back in the dealership next week, since our rear alloys were so far out of balance i want to rule out the front's. This car has had 4 wheel refurbishments pre-purchase, and i think they simply didn't re-balance the wheels, which is bad IMO.

Anyways, if the vibe is still there afterwards and i can get it confirmed by a technitian i will pursue diagnostics into the front part of the driveline, fingers crossed its another bad prop and nothing else.

Keep u posted!
Appreciate 0