View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 04:07 AM   #3
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Just wanted to give a quick update on this, as its still ongoing.

The car went into my dealership and they confirmed that two things were happening, the shudder which i felt was definitely there and the rear of the car was skittish according to the technician.

Rear wheels were heavily out of balance - after a re-balance car felt completely different to drive. Vibration issue was still there and the dealership started its diagnostic steps.
I'm not fully aware of all the steps they took in their diagnosis, but i'm aware they ruled out the wheels/tyres by trying others on the car, did the usual disconnection of transfer box etc..
Next step was to replace the rear differential, this has now been done but the problem persists and has changed the characteristic of the issue (seems to happen at different speeds now, swapping out the differential seems to have disturbed the real problem). Next step is to swap out the prop shaft, which i'm currently awaiting to be delivered - so i will updated once this is done.

Dealership were cautious on doing a KDS incase it masked the real problem, so the alignment issues are still there, this will be corrected once everythings fixed up.

OldSchoolGamer please keep me posted how you get on, presuming yours is an F26 too, and not a G series car?
Appreciate 0