10-02-2015, 05:13 AM   #55
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

We will need a new showroom... Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There will be a V12 option in the X7 because it is being positioned as the 7er of the X models. It will be exclusively luxurious and modern with the option to configure the rear passenger section. X7 is based upon the new Carbon Core concept cluster architecture therefore it will be able to equip itself with a V12 and also Power eDrive as an alternative model.

The X7 will be the most driver orientated model in the segment with also the exclusivity and luxury found in the new 7er.
I seen it the other day and it is big,but has a unique very modern and very chiselled features. The Kidney Grille is huge but necessary. Almost as huge as the Vision Future Luxury concept. You certainly won't mistake it for an X5.
Of course the new angular design language begins to take shape with the new X3 model which retains familiar X3 design cues but upgrades them to the new design philosophy.
That comes first before X7 but we will see the transition with these models leading to an all new X5 and of course there will be new cycles of the X4 and X6 to join the X2. And there could even be possibilities for a further X8.
I have to admit I am excited about the new X7. I remain concerned about the styling. As late comer to this segment it needs to be nothing short of stunning to woo people away from Range Rover and the others in this increasingly crowded segment. I loved the G12. Substance and engineering are spot on as is the interior but too many thought that it could have developed the exterior styling to a higher more edgy design.

Last edited by N & M; 10-02-2015 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0