View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #87
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
lol Endre2, I've ended up scratching the paint job each time I've washed the car. At this rate, I'm gonna have to get it re-sprayed in a couple years.

I put a little too much muscle trying to remove stuck-on tar with my microfiber washing mitt the first time around, leaving swirl marks. The second time I thought I would just gently remove tar using my fingernails, but again ended up scratching (what I hope is only) the clear coat. Now I've purchased some BMW Tar Remover and will give that a try next time.

I would honestly love to get the whole car covered in a clear bra, but it's prohibitively expensive and doesn't seem to last long enough.

Assuming you're not having much luck either with the Melbourne Red?
On the 2nd day I had my x4 home, my 2 boys (4 and 2) decided to creat some new artwork for daddy's new car's passenger door. only they used a rock for a crayon and the nice red paint job for their paper. dealer was able to buff out most of the marks but 3 scratches were too deep. will have it painted sometime in the future. Swirl markd do not bother me anymore.
Appreciate 0