View Single Post
      11-21-2021, 06:47 PM   #14
geddylee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

I'm currently cross shopping both the X5M50 with the X3M40. I currently own a 2019 X5 Msport 40i.

After driving both my impression is that the X5M50 feels basically the same as the 40i with the exception of the engine. The steering is too light and the suspension is too soft for my taste. The car I drove did not have DHP, but I have hated active steering in every BMW I have ever driven. The engine noise is pretty minimal and the gas mileage is terrible.

Basically, I don't get the X5M50, after driving it I would stick with the 6 cylinder.

The things I like about the X3 are the motor which I agree is a masterpiece, and the steering which is far sharper even though it's still a bit dead. The piano black on the center console is awful though and I agree it should have a power steering column. Also the seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the X5.

I find it amazing that to get a nice interior out of a BMW you basically have to buy a big and bloated car. None of their smaller cars have interiors that compare to the X5 or higher trims. It wasn't too long ago that you could get a very nice interior from the 3 series, but times have changed and cost cutting is very evident now.

The stereo sucks in both cars, and in general the H/K is garbage in every current BMW I have driven. This is a far cry from 10 years ago when you were truly getting a quality upgrade by optioning it.
Appreciate 2