danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Indiv F97 X3M Carbon Fiber Cooling Shroud

Indiv X3M Carbon Fiber Cooling Shroud

So Indiv recently came out with their carbon fiber cooling shroud for the F97/F98 platform and I was able to get my hands on it immediately. I didn’t have much time earlier in the week so I was finally able to get it installed late last night and I am extremely happy with the results.

First and foremost, the quality is none other than perfect. The shroud is manufactured from dry/pre-preg carbon fiber. The weave/finish is immaculate and the lack of weight compared to the stock metal plate is staggering. I assumed that because the metal shroud isn’t that large the difference wouldn’t be noticeable. Sure, it’s not going to make much difference to the vehicle itself, but when holding it in the hand you can appreciated just how light this carbon fiber piece is. Case in point, during the installation process, the weather was extremely windy. I laid both the OEM and indiv CF shroud on top of the styrofoam. Just as I was about to reach down to pick up the CF piece, it almost damn near flew away from the wind. That’s how light it was.

Installation was a breeze and quite frankly nothing to write home about. The CF shroud is perfectly matches that of the OEM metal shroud, so everything lined up perfectly. Again, quality is that of OEM. I get excited about this since it’s rare for third-party manufacturers to get the fitment to be so exact. Indiv got it done right.

BEFORE

DURING (fully exposed without plastic trim)

AFTER

Overall it’s a beautiful piece and makes a great addition to the engine bay. Very happy with this purchase.

Thank you indiv.official!!
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE

Last edited by danniexi; 04-26-2024 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 5
Max Well4787.00
ttx3m371.50
95wildtt847.50
Shaun1701085.50