03-27-2021, 04:02 AM   #75
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
OK, its a long one but it might help...

My 2020 was an early build, 15 Oct 19, with Factory 1 Level (19-07-553) software.

It was a demo that I got 1 year after delivery (5 Dec 20). From day 1, I had all kind of glitches that had no relation between each other as well as the Tilt Down Mirror not coming back no matter you try except using the joystick. Also the Remote Service only work 3 times out of 100 tried.

I had the car in twice in for the mirror problem and like magic they could not replicate the problem. The second time, I try it in the shop and it work... I left the shop, drove around the building, park and went in the see my sales men. When I left put the car in reverse, mirror go down, put in in drive and the fuchen mirror stay down. Drove back to the shop and got the shop foremen out. After spending 20 minutes in the car trying to figure out what was wrong, he gave up. I told him that there was something wrong with the software. He said no unless I had an Over the Air Update... Really SP15 with 2019 software!!!

So I book another visit and told them to have BMW America authorized a Software Update because I had enough of this crap.

So I took the car in yesterday and today I got a call that everything is working. They replace the right mirror (not sure about that) and update the software. Sure enough everything is working. So far I notice 4 different thing with this update.
Do you have an x3m? You have a 2020 and ID7?
Appreciate 0