View Single Post
      03-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #70
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
I'm not debating that dealerships SHOULD do the update, paid or unpaid, but in my experience following this process on the F80s it is difficult, and well documented amongst many BMW models. Most dealers don't give a damn about giving current owners the best possible experience, it's a hassle for them. People need to have realistic expectations.
Then report the Dealership to BMW NA.

Having briefly reviewed the issues you discuss on different sub-Forums spanning 10 years, seems many of the problems resulted from wanting them for free or if the vehicle was tuned or modified against warranty provisions, and being denied when different scenarios were raised which didn't pass the bar.

My research was cursory so I could be wrong on that perception, but really, this is no different than asking to pay for an oil service. Someone owns a BMW. That BMW has a BMW-sanctioned firmware/software update available which provides what BMW's Engineers deem as important improvements to their vehicles' systems-wide code. Individual goes to BMW Dealership's Svc Ctr and states here is my check/credit card/cash. Do it.

If the SA gives a hassle, speak to the Chief Technician, if he/she gives a hassle, speak to the Svc Manager. If the Svc Manager gives a hassle, speak to the General Mgr. If the Gen Mgr gives a hassle, speak to BMW NA and ask why they even came out with the update if someone can't purchase it, and report the Dealership to them.

Still suspect most of the issues you describe surround those wanting it for free or with confounding variables. This isn't difficult to accomplish.
Appreciate 3
RoWoX3M401.00
DAC17170.50