View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
Neo1130
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Picking up our M40i on Saturday

Long story short... Wife bought her dream car, 2018 Charger Hellcat. Ended up having some starting issues. 9 visits to the dealer later and 5 attempted fixes, nothing helps, actually got worse. Filed for Lemon law, 6 months later we are still dealing with it but in the final stages. Looked for a replacement car in the mean time. Tried EVERY brand possible, literally... Came down to Audi or Volvo... Decided to give BMW another look and saw the X4 M40i on the lot. Wife HAD to have it. Well, couldn't buy it since we still had the lemon Hellcat. That X4 sold... Looked for others and couldn't find any in stock, they were flying off the lots...

Ordered one figuring we would be done with the lemon process on her Hellcat by the time the 5 to 8 weeks would be up. Well, dealer called us tonight and told us it would be ready for pick-up Saturday. So, we are going on a 200 mile drive to get a car to replace the lemon, but still have the lemon. Since we are so close to a resolution on the lemon, we are risking it and going to get the X4 anyways. It's hard to find one so it's worth the risk. Can't wait to have our hands on it!
Appreciate 0