View Single Post
      06-24-2021, 05:30 AM   #9
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Hey folks - FYI Dealers are starting to get allocations. I just secured my build and have production number with production scheduled in August.

It was a fly by the seat of your pants build in that they don't technically have order guides yet, but they were able to do the build and it is obviously a 2022.

One question... in the past did BMW allow ordering the exec package but then deleting the sunroof to get a credit back? I want exec, but I really don't want the sunroof. Also, in the past did exec package require ventilated seats or is that still an individual option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
No clue about 2022 builds but if you got exec pack on 20-21 models you couldn't delete the sunroof unless you also got the M drivers pack I think. Don't know many folks who opted for the M drivers pack. Ventilated seat was a separate option.
RoWoX3M is spot on. At least pre-LCI you could only do a moon roof delete (if you also wanted the Exec pack) by ordering the M Driver's Pkg. Wouldn't necessarily look at it as having to spend more to get it removed, as you do get full day M Performance Driving School and from-the-factory speed limiter removal. Every day driving I think back on what I learned at that one day experience - highly rec for M Drivers if you've never been, as they teach you how to safely maximize every aspect of M's performance capabilities.

And I still maintain, with around 18K miles seat time in my X3MC without moonroof (or rails ), that it does handle better and is lighter on its feet than my wife's X3MC which is identical except hers has the pano (about 10K time driving hers). Which is also why I'd like to experience the F97 with a CFRP roof...

And yes, the ventilated seats were a separate option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0