12-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
biofreak
Rep
Drives: 2015 X28i x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjluczyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biofreak View Post
Made an appointment at the dealer to get the DME reprogrammed as per the recall. The service manager advised me to take a loaner since it would take over 2 hours to perform the software update.

So far the update does not seem to have an impact on the performance. It did wipe the presets and default some of vehicle settings though (date/time format). It also reset the Sirius XM radio. I don't have a subscription but it looks like I have access to XM radio for now.
Oh, that's a bit concerning. I have an appointment for this Saturday. I hadn't considered that I would lose presets and coding. Can you offer any more detail on what settings were lost? If this is a bag of hurt, I'm going to cancel the appointment. The car is running just fine.
I haven't done any coding for my vehicle so I can not say whether the reprogram would wipe the codes off. Sorry, I should have been more specific. The DME reprogram wiped out the shortcuts, radio presets and navigation destinations on the programmable memory buttons (1-8). And other small stuff like date and time format, 12h vs 24 etc.
Appreciate 1