View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 01:24 PM   #42
turbosig
Rep
Drives: BMW F97 - X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
This suspension issue is way overblown. In fact, 90% of the people who are winning about it usually have no true reference point. Try riding in a modern day muscle car for a few hours or a different M car built 10-15 years ago. Then come back & "try" to tell others the suspension is overly harsh & the seats aren't cushy enough. LOL

That's the blessing & a curse part about the internet. It makes many people become hypochondriacs overnight, thinking things are much worse than they really are. With the right tires, in the right sizes & inflated to the right pressures, you have nothing to worry about. And all the LCI models have softer springs. So BMW heard about some "overly sensitive" enthusiasts & made the ride quality a little more compliant.

Life short & therefore only an M car will do for me. On the street the X3 M40i is pretty snappy & very reliable while being a touch less thirsty. But if you enjoy WOT often & sporty driving on nice open roads, the S58 is king. The M Motor is one of the last great ICE engines ever made. Like a B58 on a mild dose of factory approved steroids with robust track capabilities. You can't loose either way & hope we've helped with your decision. I'll take a slightly more taught demeanor any day of the week if there's a S58 powering that chassis. Ya, it's that good.

Great analyses and summation here. I kept wavering between the M40 and M, but I know my gut/heart would regret going the M40 route down the line.
Appreciate 2