View Single Post
      09-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #1121
crst4s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Smile Tow hitch and bike rack

After deliberating over the stealth hitch, I finally decided to save myself $500 and went with the Draw Tite ($173 from Amazon). I would prefer not to see the receiver, but don't think it is too obtrusive and attaching a bike rack will be easier with the receiver already in place (the considerably cheaper cost also makes it easier to live with). Fitting is a bit of a bear but doable. I split the job over two days which made things easier. If you do it yourself, make sure to have an 18 mm deep socket on hand. I didn't, so a little extra dismantling was needed to use a wrench.

Have just ordered a couple of e-bikes so also needed to buy a new heavy duty rack suitable for step through frames and fenders. There is not much to choose from with the right specifications, and few sellers actually have racks in stock. It seems, with Covid 19, there has been a run on both bikes and cycle accessories. I was almost resigned to ordering a Thule Easyfold. A great rack I'm sure but $780! I found this Buzzrack on Amazon with good reviews, in stock, and only $275. It is sturdy, well made, and looks easy to use. Have not tried with bikes yet but pleased with both my purchases so far plus the $1000 savings over what I could have spent. 😊
Attached Images

Appreciate 2