MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
The lane keeping cameras are in the housing at top of windscreen, these are different to the surround view ones

The front camera is central between front grilles

Did you order the car new or was it already built?
Interesting, in my land rover, the lane keeping camera was a down-ward facing one in the base of the wing mirrors. I find it hard to believe the windscreen cameras can be that accurate for lane keeping, given the height and the angle over the hood, they could only possibly see the lines several feet in front of the vehicle which would be inaccurate if cornering.

Having said all that, I found the lane keeping alerts in the BMW to be very hit-and-miss compared the Land Rover, which was extremely sensitive to veering over the lane line. So maybe it is the case after all.
It shows in the manual where the cameras are in top of windscreen, I suppose it reads the road in front to predict the change plus there are sensors around car

The cameras you describe in the Land Rover door mirrors are in the same place as my surround view cameras so it should be obvious if you have those, they're not hidden
Appreciate 0