06-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
-First off, big thanks to Ben at RG. For the spring install and reflectors, Ben had me in and out within 2 hours. I am waiting for his Mid Pipe/H Pipe and tune along with Carbon Fiber spoilers for the next round. I have my go to shop, thanks Ben.

- MSS Springs. I like to run my cars low, so Ben lowered mine 5 mm more than his. He can chime in, but my best guess would be that the car has been lowered a little less than 1.25". I would like to have it a little lower, but I'll have to wait for Coil overs. I can say, this car has VERY little suspension travel built into it. My Vettes/Vipers/Hellcats that have been lowered 2"+ with Motons/ Penskes/LG Coil overs have had much more travel, of course those are high end coil overs, these are just springs. As far as the ride. It’s not bad at all, but definitely a little choppy. You can feel it's had travel taken out of it. It’s nothing unbearable, but noticeable. As far as ride, since its choppier, its mitigated some of the softness of the springs in regard to ride quality. Overall, its softer, but does corner a little better because of the lowered center of gravity. I am probably one of the few that actually like the stiffness of the stock ride, but most guys here would probably dig this set up.

- Vossen Wheels- I went with 22x9.5 and 22x11. Tires are 285/30/22 and 315/30/22 Michelin PS4S. There is zero rubbing. As far as Vossen goes, where do I begin with these ass clowns. I have ordered multiple sets of wheels from I-forged, CCW, Triumph Forged, Fuel, Method, XD and Niche. Outside of my last set of wheels for my AMG, Vossen is the worst. First, they sent out the first set of wheels that were a completely different style than was ordered. Luckily my shop had the email for the order, so Vossen couldn’t squirm their way out of it. Then, they charge my shop shipping to send back the set they screwed up on. When I confronted them, no apology, no admission of their screw up. I asked for a rush on the new set, nothing doing. It will be 3-4 weeks was Jeremys response. When I ordered the wheels, I was told they would poke out a bit in back, and that running negative camber would tuck them back in. That was bullshi$ as well. The wheels are inboard/flush. I wanted an aggressive offset. These wheels weren’t my first choice, but this is the wife’s car, I didn’t want her curbing a set of expensive Signature wheels. I will rub my sack against a grinding wheel before I ever do business with Vossen again!!!!

Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Once I get the Mid/H pipe and tune, with Carbon Fiber spoilers, I'll love it even more. BMW did a hell of a job with this car, very impressive (No complaints from the wife either).
Sorry for your issues with Vossen, but thanks for sharing. Love the almost Darth Vader look to your wife's ride.
Appreciate 1