View Single Post
      06-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #37
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Talked to my local dealership and they got one allocation with no brake calipers options. Also talked to about 4 others dealerships from WA to Cali and they don't have allocation #'s yet. They said no discount will be given, either will be close to msrp for WA dealerships and Cali dealerships over msrp. 🤦🏻*♂️

Don't really understand the allocation process but can you guys please shed some light for me? Why is it so hard to order a car? Even though a dealership doesn't get an allocation, can I place an order with them?
To answer your other question: it's so hard to order a car because of a plethora of factors affecting the market right now. Among others:

(1) supply chain issues - limited parts available to build cars. This creates pressure on supply, low car inventory

(2) new model. An LCI is creating additional demand from people who have been or are looking to sell their X3M from 20 or 21. Some are getting money back for selling their lease.

(3) pent up demand. People have money and want to spend it in shiny things.

A shock in demand and a shock in supply. The perfect storm.

So, dealerships don't have cars and people want them, especially this new X3M that just came out and is not even in the street yet.
Appreciate 1
///minh564.00