View Single Post
      03-07-2022, 06:00 AM   #4
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Yet they didn't file a complaint/protest.
Only Mercedes did because they lost on bad tactics.
I guess Mercedes gambled on the race finishing under sc, which is a bad bet considering what Masi said the race before, wanting to have the ranking determined as much as possible while racing.
I can't think of another reason, as there were only 3 strategy outcomes during the sc/ virtual sc:
1. Ham doesn't pit and Ver does pit: Ver ends up with fresh reds behind Ham on used whites (this is of course what happened), or:
2. Ham does pit and Ver doesn't pit: Ham ends up with fresh reds behind Ver on used whites..... Or:
3. Ham does pit and Ver does pit: Ver ends up with fresh reds behind Ham on fresh reds.

Clearly the first outcome is only positive if the race ends under safetycar. A very passive approach. Obviously it's best for the sport to decide the outcome under race and not under safety car....

Of course if Merc decided in Hungary to box Ham for slicks like every one else did, he would have won that race (all his direct competitors were out of race or had a severely damaged car), it would have looked much better for Ham in the last race....
What an enormous fail was that..... I wonder what they were thinking when they saw that Ham was the only one on the grid, basically giving the rest of the field a free pitstop.....
Merc is a tactical disaster.
Anyway, lots of stuff to learn from for Merc for the year 2022.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-07-2022 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 4