greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoboy View Post
If by extended warranty you mean CPO it is covered. Mine was replaced under CPO. Don't chance it. Take it in to be replaced. The dealer can read the codes as they did mine and saw that the pump was failing. You don't have to wait until it happens again.
No - not CPO

I am the original owner of my X3, ordered it new 5 years ago. I have an extended warranty through BMW that i purchased before the 4 year 50,000mile coverage ran out. We can debates the merits of extended warranties on another thread, in fact sometimes i wondered if I should have bought it or not... however today i am feeling good about it.

Verdict is in from BMW Service Center

its the water pump (officially add my 35i to the list) $950 repair - warranty will cover it - the extended plan has a $50 deductible, i can live w/ that.

I did some searching - this thread just talks about X3 35i water pump failures, there is a similar thread for almost every car/suv that BMW has used this engine. I had to pull over as a result of this which is never really safe, perhaps someone should investigate a recall...

oh well, mine is getting fixed.

Greg
Appreciate 0