View Single Post
      11-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #39
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
If you are going to pick someone off, just read your stuff better.
Where's cold weather package? If this is the game you are playing take off the PPP from Macan and just add PP to be apple to apple as X4 doesn't even offer a ventilation seat nor panoramic roof. If you sort things out Macan will always come under.

And of course, we all know that fit and finish is better on Macan when you ride one after X4.
I'm trying to match package for package including option for option, obviously since they don't match up perfectly you have to try and get it as close as possible. So sure, let's spend the 950 for the cold weather package and the 1700 for drivers assistance plus taking the price to $67,595 and we basically have a loaded X4 M40i.

So to get it as close as possible on the Macan we'll need to add:

250 Heated Steering wheel
1380 Lane Keep Assist and Lane Change Assist
1190 Park Assist with Surround View
230 Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)

We can also spend 1440 to add Adaptive Cruise on the Macan and 1200 to add it on the X4 M40i.

You're missing the ventilated seats, but you're also several grand higher on the Macan S.

So again, why is the Macan a better value? I went through this exact same thing a year and a half ago when I opted for the SQ5 over the Macan S. The only way it made sense was to get the performance options only available on the Macan and then when you've spec'd it to 70k+ then you might as well get the Turbo so it's not slower then its competition.
Appreciate 1