View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
Tipsy McStagger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport AW

Cold weather is absolutely precipitating this error. We had it last year in January and it just resurfaced again for us with the recent cold snap. Four times in the last few days including yesterday. There are certainly other causes but cold is a factor. More accurately, this error will come up when the car is warmed up, turned off, then turned back on while still warm. If you wait until the engine cools back down, the problem disappears. The only decent hypothesis I've seen is the pdm condensation. Car warms up, frozen condensation inside the Pdm melts so when you go to start your car again, you get the error. Wait a few minutes for the condensation to freeze and it will start right up.

rodion - possible you aren't seeing the problem because you have a diesel. On the other hand, winters in many of the cities where posters in this thread reside are actually colder than winter in Helsinki. Minneapolis is quite a bit colder, in fact your winters are fairly comparable to Chicago or Toronto. We are all currently in the midst of a particularly cold streak with daytime highs of -20 to -25C and overnight wind chills approaching -60C in some areas of North America. Might well explain this recent rash of errors people are reporting.

I'll try to repeat the error in my driveway when I have time and if it's still cold enough (roughly -20C at 10:30 a.m.).

Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 01-07-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0