ThomasR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 M40i

Garage List
So more run around:

Dear Mr. Reynolds:

Thank you for your reply.

As previously stated, technical information, such as you are requesting, is allocated to the trained service and parts teams at our authorized BMW centers. The parts and service teams at our authorized BMW centers are the mechanical and technical experts with the knowledge for repairing and maintaining our vehicles. Because of this, we recommend speaking with the parts or service manager at your BMW center as they are in the best position to assist you.

Unfortunately, BMW Customer Relations and Services is unable to forward your e-mail correspondence to BMW Germany, as they are only able to provide assistance with inquiries and concerns related to European specification vehicles serviced within Germany.

For your convenience, the BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations and Services
Representative

My response:

Again, I have spoken to 'authorized BMW centers' including the managers. They have the same information I have as I pulled it from the same source. All they can advise is what the factory tells them through their documentation. They didn't design, plan, research and develop these machines. All they do is receive orders from who do. I'm not sure why I'm having to explain this to you as it should be obvious. Also again in my original email I explained that I did in fact speak to BMW dealers. By the nature of the exact technical part numbers lifted from the very databases that the dealers have access to you should have also surmised that as well.

The answer to my question will not come from a dealer, or even from anyone in BMW North America unless they got it from where it was designed and tested in Germany.
Appreciate 0