View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Servicing a Watch

So I brought my Tourneau watch into Tourneau to have it serviced. It was running about 15-20 sec/day fast. They send it out to their service facility and then get back to you with a repair estimate. They said it was typically about $200-250, which was not terrible. The watch is 6 years old and not worn that much, but is kept on a winder. So today I get a email from them saying that it will be $450 to service the watch. This is what they said they are going to do specifically:

"Complete Maintenance of Movement, which is accompanied by a two-year service warranty.
This full service includes disassembly of all watch parts, ultrasonic cleaning of movement parts, lubrication of parts, replacement of gaskets, all adjustments to movement parts, restoration of water resistance, demagnetization, and full Quality Control testing to ensure that watch is functioning to factory specifications."

Now does this seem exceptionally high for this? Maybe a gasket gets replaced, but mostly just cleaning. The case is almost perfect and really needs nothing. I have had other watches serviced for typically $200. To me it seems like they are taking advantage because they are Tourneau? Does anyone have a better place to send a watch out for service?

Appreciate 0