View Single Post
      07-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #99
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Just like the E-wagon, the Model S uses 3rd row rear facing seats (like and old station wagon), probably not the safest spot for children.
I don't have kids, but if I had, I would never put them in a reverse 3rd row (I also can't imagine them not getting car sick).

However, the distance between the kids heads and them popping out the rear windshield in a rear ended crash is much shorter in a Model S than in an E wagon:

Model S:

E wagon:

That said, a model X has foreward facing 3rd row (and is I guess a minivan) but I also have doubts about that one when I saw that crash between a Model X and a GTR where the rear of the model X including the 3rd row was torn off completely. So clearly that 3rd row is not sufficiently within the safety structure of the car.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00