View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 04:28 AM   #33
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

I’m the east side of North West, OL.

I really don’t know what to think of with insurance costs I’ve had company cars for 20 yrs. The current X3 is my wife’s and we are keeping that. However compared to my wife’s insurance who is fully no claimed up been driving for 20 years etc... and pays just over £700, I’m paying £1,216 with Admiral inc business use. Only 10,000 miles total though but in comparison with my wife I’m pretty happy.

One thing I would say is I checked Martin Lewis and he said that 21 days prior to insurance date is the time to get the best quote. I checked it and compared to my quote 30 days prior, day 22 was my cheapest with a swing of more than 10%! Not sure if they stopped reducing the price as I got a quote every day, but still reasonably happy with that price.

Thanks also for discount info. I see the discount on the car order to create the net total pre-finance and the £5k as a separate line in the deposit section when financing the net amount so all good. Thankfully I’m in the very top end of that bracket and got extras too 36mth GAP,RIS, 36 mth wheel Tyre ins and a full tank of fuel included. Though like many others I ended up compromising as the car I negotiated on had gone when dealer firmed up with BMW UK. as were the next 3 and I really xxxxed off and told them I wanted my deposit back and walked away. However the dealer came back on the 4th attempt with two options that he had fully 100% confirmed and roughly I got a spec I was happy with. And because of the faffing and clearly me being ready to walk a deal was done.

Basically donnington, black leather, panoramic roof, comfort pack, Apple car play, enhanced wireless, rear seat heating, sun protection. The one thing I really wanted was the 360 degree parking thing. Got the 360 camera on my current car and very good to stop any wheel dings and for me at least not park like a prxxx.

Anyway really appreciate the feedback. Still unsure on the Ceramic paint protection. I actually paid for the cosmetic insurance as I got all the other ones thrown in, so in theory should be able to keep the car looking good and get any scuffs / chips sorted. From what I see to get the longer term protection it’s £1-2k and as I’m essentially just renting the car I might just save the money.

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0