Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Spoken like a true NON-enthusiast. Well done.
I mean. You can try to play gatekeeper all you want, but you're just wrong.

You aren't the Merriam Webster for all things automotive.
I never said I am the gatekeeper. This is my post and these are MY opinions. Pretty sure there are others who agree.

Not sure if you've ever been enthusiastic about anything but if you have been or are you will know that;

Enthusiasts are after specifics and details. Not all cars are essentially the same just like all watches, cities, foods, cameras, stamps, planes, motorcycles, clothes, fashion, perfumes, toys, books, music, etc etc are the same.

Not sure you understand the difference between enthusiasts who are into the details vs. people who casually enjoy things. In my mind if someone can just lease a car after 1 day of car shopping and then turn it in casually and lease another car 2 years later after 1 day of shopping again that person cannot possibly be an enthusiast. That is a consumer.

It's ok to NOT be an enthusiast. Totally fine. My proposition is that people who are fleetingly into things are not enthusiasts they are just consumers. Nothing wrong with that at all really; but it muddies the waters of motoring culture.