Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post

I pulled the stock intercooler today to compare to the CTS. Let me save you some trouble, it's not even close to a bolt on. I'm putting mine up for sale. Bottom of the front rubber seal and plastic would have to seriously be hacked because it's so much thicker. Also the side 'mounts' stock are two bolts about 1.75 apart whereas the CTS F30 unit is a single center bolt. The tab where the bolts would go is also too far down which would necessitate a fabricated bracket of some sort or something welded to the intercooler. No thanks.

I think the best bet would be to wait until someone makes an X3/X4 intercooler OR maybe the new X3 M 4.0 Intercooler is larger and fits.

I took some pics of mine and I guess I'm going to list it on F30 Bimmerpost classifieds...
The X3 M40i is a whole different chassis/engine B58 uses different parts. No one will spend time to make a direct bolt-on for the X3/X4 due to the lack of demand for it.

Quoted here what the other guy sent me and I sent my shop this same message since they do Fab full-time mainly Porsche, this was not a challenge for them.
Quote:
If you get one you will figure it out it was just another screw for the mount that was needed
The fmic worked it just needed a small little work to get it to mount less than an hour or so. With a little jammy rigging and some new mount holes that need to be taped to the frame to fit.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0