Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2the3 View Post
I am local in San Diego, but I do agree there are a ton of UK members on this site for the X3/4 M
Have you, or do you plan to take X3M to an autocross? Are you a member of the San Diego Chapter of the BMW CCA?
I haven't done autocross in the x3m. I've done it before in my 135i, but I find autocross to be a bit too choppy and jerky. Also, the OEM tires on the x3m (conti for me) look like they will only last 8-10k miles, the tread depth is really minimal.

I much prefer the nice backroads that we have in San Diego County and going through the mountains at a nice pace. I am a CCA member and plan to take the X3M on the cruise set for 2/23. Will most likely have a full load with my wife and twin babies, which is why we got the x3m over what we would normally want (m3/4).

One thing that's pretty funny is the roads by me are super crappy and my wife's been driving the car in sport plus suspension around town and likes it! The suv is stiff!

What part of San Diego are you in?