08-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #710
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Bathing him not bad. Have one of those hand held shower sprayers in the shower. These are good to get in the ears, and clean those things out. Then I show him the door to go outside and dry off. In the winter I have a wet dog for a while though.
I did groom him for a while with a quality shaver, but honestly his hair is so thick I find it difficult. Easy to shave down to skin around his bathroom parts and ears, but to try to use a 2 blade on the body is like trying to cut the lawn with it.
No mas...

We shaved our Maine Coon with a #2 guard yesterday. He is a huge cat, and all the hair makes him look so much bigger. We bathe him and brush him (My wife does), but matting still happens. We always find him in the bathroom on the tile as it's the coolest spot in the house.

Now ours isn't like Now_Rudi's cat. Ours is so laid back...it's like he is own a perpetual "high". When walking, it's in slow motion and you could set off an m80 firecracker behind him and he would not even flinch.

I have never seen a cat so laid back. About twice a month, he gets a crazy streak and just bolts around the house at full speed for a few minutes....then he's back to his normal self.

He didn't even seem aware we were trimming his hair. But afterwards, you could see he really enjoyed it as I'm sure it cooled him off tremendously!