View Single Post
      08-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #33
deladude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero71 View Post
Is it possible to set the transmission into sport mode in sport individual without shifting the gear lever across to S? Would be nice to have it one button rather than two steps as per my late 2016 4 series.
There are two places to adjust the transmission and they work together. One is through iDrive sport settings and the other is gear level position. Leaving the iDrive setting on comfort is my preference as it keeps the exhaust in check and the rpms reasonable for my everyday driving. When I need to pull onto a busy road or whatever I just hit the gear lever, and sometimes I leave it there for my whole ride. The transmission with iDrive in comfort and the lever on M/S is actually my favorite transmission setup aside from going full manual. The exhaust burbles are perfect for my taste and engine response is plenty good for my everyday driving.

I highly recommend coding sport individual to be your default drive mode and playing with the settings. Try different configurations for a day or two at a time and I think you'll find something that meets your needs.
Appreciate 0