01-09-2020, 03:09 AM   #33
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
Don't get me wrong - I'm keen to get behind the wheel of one mate as I've only been a passenger ride so far in one - I'm just sharing that Evo didn't like the ride.

The Porsche Macan Turbo I drove did seem to ride better as wasn't as stiffly sprung and the damping seemed more sophisticated but also the Porsche engine doesn't feel as frantic or punchy as the S58 in the X3 M.

I wish BMW would do a M3 wagon instead for those of us who don't necessarily like riding high I'm thinking an Alpina B3 Touring might be a good option to replace the F80.
For me the X3M is a M3 Touring. Probably not quite as focused, but once 'on it' in the X3M is epic. You can feel the weight occasionally in the twisties, but keep the engine in Sport+ and using the paddles between 4.5k and 7k rpm it's crazy fast and a huge amount of fun. It's got stopping power too with brakes from the M760i.

I'd also like a B3S Touring, but it was double the price (finance monthlies) in the UK, and the Macan Turbo S was similar.

The X3M is not perfect, but it's a very good car and I've been confused by the reviews - I've driven a stack of M and AMG cars too.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0