View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
ParadigmDawg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 AMG GLC63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
I understand. Your MB has an aggressive and powerful aesthetic and many performance Enthusiasts do gravitate to that look.

But I have to think the Design and Engineering teams at M Division had excellent reasons for developing it as they did. I don't know what those are, but I know they are certainly capable of designing such - just look at their other lines. Since they aren't the best at sharing their ideas or reasons for making them we'll never know the 'why'. Surely, though, there must be some degree of aerodynamics/handling/SSF/... indications for not doing so.

As an aside, I am really enjoying this F97. My first M vehicle, despite years of reading about them and following threads on the Forums (mainly the M5 variants), but this is amazing. I can't say I agree with others who say it rides too stiff, or has too much lag, or isn't luxurious enough. But I don't have the background in high-end performance luxury vehicles so hard for me to debate such.

Only 250 miles in, but once 1,200 miles is reached, I plan to buy a Dragy and also try some formal drag runs. I've never done that either, so hopefully they'll go easy on the newbie. From what I've read it is a great group of folks who like to help each other out and just enjoy the Sport.
Maybe I'm just old and still like Muscle Cars with giant back tires.

I bet a race between yours and mine would be really close.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4742.00