View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #49
aadam.f97
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp F97, X5 G05 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Had some time early this morning so wanted to share a few quick pictures and thoughts after picking her up yesterday.

What an amazing combination of utility and performance for our family - thanks BMW! Much has been written in reviews and in M Town Drives (mine included) so I won't repeat here, but it absolutely meets my expectations. Still have a few settings to tweak, but I've got everything moved over from the G01 so now just need some time to familiarize with the driving experience.

Definitely one of the most perceptive (if that's the correct term) vehicles I've ever driven, most likely because of it's M engine/transmission and suspension components I guess. I know there has been some comments on low RPM lag, but I drove in manual shift mode all day today so can't comment on that - to me it seems lightning quick. And I must not be accustomed to plush rides as the suspension seems great to me (in Comfort - haven't tried Sport yet), unlike many who have complained of such.

And for those interested, I was able to use the ASD Bypass harness from the G01 which I installed this morning. As I suspected, now pushing the 'engine sound' button on the center column does little while driving with the ASD bypassed, so I still think it must just be augmenting the artificial engine sound inside the cabin for those who desire such. As I enjoy music while driving, I can say the bypass has markedly improved the sonic fidelity (just as it did for us in our personal opinion in our G01).
Just took delivery today of the same spec, here in South Africa. Only difference is the lack of US front reflectors I think.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
ando2000.50
Max Well4736.00
Lex16.50
1230vani652.50
Cobstar40.50