View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
tuatua
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 28d

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 M2530Z View Post
Thanks for the insight...did you mention you did test drive the X3 with the diesel engine? If so, how did it feel, is the engine a good match for the car (i.e., not underpowered given the vehicle's weight)?

I'm really interested to see what real life mpg is on this SAV. If it could get 40mpg highway regularly, this could be my next family car. I was disappointed when I saw the EPA ratings, but of course, real life driving is always totally different.
No, we didn't have the opportunity to test drive a diesel X3. Based on our experience with the diesel wagon, however, we don't expect acceleration to be an issue (we've never had particularly powerful autos in in past -- not an issue for us).

We too we're disappointed with the EPA rating on the X3, but are expecting to get better mpg. EPA combined for the wagon is 35 and we're getting 39.2 for close to 12,000 miles. I looked at European equivalent "EPA" figures and mpg was higher than US figures for the same engine in US gallons/mile (don't remember at the moment what the numbers were). We're expecting to see about 2 mpg combined/5 mpg highway less than our wagon is getting, which would be the same penalty between the 328i gas wagon and 28i X3.
Appreciate 0