Brucecris
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
I live in the US. The speed limit sign on my all-digital instrument cluster is as shown in the attached photo. It's a tallish white rectangle with the miles shown in the middle and "mph" underneath it. I drove an G01 X3 today in which the speed limit sign included the words "Speed Limit" in the top half. My car has factory software from November 2018; the car I drove today had its software updated around July 2019. Did BMW change the look of the speed limit sign in more recent software versions? Or what explains the difference?
Quote:
It is region specific--the sign looks different in Europe than in the US. But both cars I am talking about are US cars. Both are X3.
Quote:
I live in the US. The speed limit sign on my all-digital instrument cluster is as shown in the attached photo. It's a tallish white rectangle with the miles shown in the middle and "mph" underneath it. I drove an G01 X3 today in which the speed limit sign included the words "Speed Limit" in the top half. My car has factory software from November 2018; the car I drove today had its software updated around July 2019. Did BMW change the look of the speed limit sign in more recent software versions? Or what explains the difference?
I took mine in for an update and when it came out "Speed Limit" was now appearing. So yeah it's a software thing.