View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #43
Scottatah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
Looks really nice. Does it make the cover rattle?
We expected it to cause some rattles, but they tested it with the lid open, closed, and closed with weight on it. In all scenarios there are surprisingly no rattles! I haven't personally tested it with weight, but I'll throw my slopitch ball-bag and golf clubs back in the vehicle tonight and see if there's any change.

I probably should have mentioned it's a pair of JL 10TW3's in a sealed box to spec running off an Alpine PDX-M12. The amp is installed at the bottom of the cubby hole on the right side of the cargo area. There's also an audiocontrol LC2i somewhere in there and then a remote base knob wired into the sunglass/change compartment to the left of the steering wheel. The amp is a little strong (1200RMS) for the subs (400RMS ea), but its tuned accordingly as I was too cheap to buy a new amp and I REALLY hoped that 2 13tw5v2's would fit (600RMS ea). Sadly, there wasn't enough room without really modifying the cargo area.

Regardless, I love the fact that the bass doesn't fade out now when I turn up the volume. I've only had two short drives with the stereo, so more info to come on how I think it sounds/integrates.

I don't have the invoice in front of me, but the total cost was ~$2450CDN + tax (~$1900US). I spoke with three different shops and they were all pretty consistent here. They all estimated ~7h labor wanted the vehicle for 2 days. I think JL sets the price of their subs, so those were also consistent.
- Subs were ~$900
- Audio Control LC2i & Bass knob ~$250 (coulda probably got it cheaper on amazon)
- Labor & speaker-wire/similar ~$1300

Last edited by Scottatah; 06-13-2018 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Added more info to account for PCMike's comment
Appreciate 1
JSY578.00