View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #57
JeffHou73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post
I think you are misunderstanding me. I am saying if that noise similar to what you guys are hearing. Because I hear a similar noise at speed with engine off as posted above.

I also have been unsuccessful in recording the noise but found that noise to be similar.
I concur with one thing and I don't concur with the other.

I DO concur Freitz's recording sounds like normal engine noise to me, but regardless, as PFDnorthhills reminds you, we've isolate our noise to NOT being engine related.

I DO NOT concur, however, that I am a very smart guy, but I appreciate your compliment! From your posts I find you to be a very smart and compelling guy as well with regard to helping to solve the specific issue we are addressing in this string.

Also, I like Swampman further redefining our noise as "rumbling percolation" - that combines the total sound we've been trying to describe and would suggest anyone seeking help with BMWUSA use this newest term....It may become an industry accepted word if this continues for too long!

I'll also take a look at the potential source defined by jakhlyki, around/over the wheel well. I, too, have noticed the sound disappears when hitting new smooth patches of pavement and, like PFDnorthills, the sound gets triggered by the non-smooth surface, but do not believe the tires/wheels are the culprit for the noise.

Let's keep this going and pinpoint the issue. If it can be pinpointed, maybe BMW can come with a fix for it. Until then, the problem seems to be ours to identify.
Appreciate 0