View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #57
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thanks for the kind comments, minn19. I've given up trying to explain the wide divergence of opinions on the X3MC's ride as they're across the board for sure. The negative reviews remain surprising to me as I don't even have previous M experience, and I think it is perfect (across all types of roads). Definitely the only way for one to know is to test drive it yourself as you mention. Let us know your thoughts after your drive if you get a chance.
No prob! Ride quality is such a personal thing to each individual, it is one of the hardest things to review. When I was researching the M550 a lot of people were talking about how harsh the ride of that car is/was. To me it rides like a pillow and is way to soft for anything wearing an ///M badge (even if it is fake ////Marketing).

I actually like that you don't have previous M experience, that tells me that my wife and I will find the ride perfectly fine. The only M cars ride I didn't like was my 15 M3s static suspension. That had truly bad dampening and crashed over every bump it could find. Even that being said, I DDd that for a decent amount of time with no real issues except for being annoyed with every now and then.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to test drive one. We just got a decent amount of snow here and the low temps dropped, so I'm guessing they won't let us out in one until the weather improves. But, when we do get a chance I'll definitely report back with my thoughts. There are some really crappy roads by my dealer that I'll be sure to take on.
Appreciate 0