04-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #42
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
How much are property taxes and homeowners insurance there? I'm paying about $6K in property taxes / year (because we've been in our home since 2002 and annual increases are capped) and homeowners insurance just renewed for $4K, which pissed me off because it was $3K last year.

We also have a sales taxes, although far less than 13%, property taxes, mobile phone taxes, etc. (not to mention $1,400/mo. for high deductible health insurance). It would be interesting to do an apples-to-apples comparison across countries because simply comparing income tax rates isn't necessarily comparable.
My property taxes are about $5K, insurance is $235/month but thats for the property and the two cars. Its hard to put a number on our health care as it comes from the Provinces General revenue fund which is where most of the tax money collected goes. A few years ago our previous Premier, lets call him Pinocchio promised no tax increases and then immediately installed an $80/month "health care supplement" on everyone. Health care is the most expensive ministry in Ontario.
Appreciate 0