09-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
Flamingi
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M550d F11, 225xe U06

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'll vote for a used M550d. Unfortunately they discontinued the 50d engines because of the strict emissions regulations, but you can get a CPO M550d G30/G31 pre-LCI for a relatively reasonable price. Comes with the benefit, that they usually are loaded to the brim.

You could also venture into Audi-Land, but S6 TDIs go for the same as M550d with 50hp less... Also now they have Quattro Ultra without a Torsen diff, they always made fun of others using an electronically controlled multidisk clutch and now they use it themselves. Oh, the irony. Basically you now have an improved Haldex system, so yikes, that's a no from me.

Depending on your usage a hybrid could make sense. If you are after power you could go with the 545e coming later this year. Mercedes offers a Diesel hybrid in the C and E class as well, which will result in even better fuel economy. It's just a 4-banger though.

Other than that, electric could be an option as well. Personally, if you also want good performance, I think there is only either Tesla or the Taycan Turbo (don't get the 4S), but thats like 150k or so. (Turbo S only has more power when launching, in normal driving Turbo and Turbo S are the same).
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13361.50