05-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #12
ARPA
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, F87 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
Four years old huh? If you opted for the M40i in the first place it must have been for a reason that you didn't go for the FOUR year old vehicle in the first place? Presuming there were the same-ish deals on the F-O-U-R year old vehicles a few weeks back.

Get the message?

Joking aside, depends on what you want out of it. New, nimble, new-feel car (which I think is faster right?) or bigger vehicle. Incidentally, speaking of new, the second hand one will be previous gen right? Could you live with previous model?

Also I suspect financially, could you ideally spend that saved $$ on something else of more value? Would it ease your financial burden or you don't care? If the latter personally I would take the new one :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguysrule View Post
Low mileage, 2 year old M40i and pocket the $20 grand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Most people here will probably tell you to get the M40i, since that's what we all did. If you're nervous about the M40i, don't be. It's a wonder vehicle that does 99% of it well.
Here in Central America, there is practically no pre owned market for M or M performance. Now and then, something pops up usually below 30k kms. So I haven't seen any used M40i and this are the first X5/X6 M that have pop up.

I really like the X3, is the perfect size is lighter and new. But the M's are 80k off the MSRP and offer more performance. I got a 27% discount off the MSRP on the M40i, even if I found a pre-owned one, it will basically be the same price.

I am also afraid of the repairs I would search for problems and mileage.

There's nothing like a new vehicle made to order, but is so strange not to know when I could get the X3. I will see if I can negotiate a 3 year maintenance plan to see if I it helps with the decision.

I have to testdrive the X5/6 to see who they drive compared to the x3.

Thanks all for your help!
Appreciate 0