First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I am not surprised. It is a very complicated, multi-FDL, multi-ECU option. Without fully coding it, it will not work as designed.
I think there might be a coding issue. I have a Canadian spec 2016 X4 35i with full LEDs and drivers assistance plus package. The car is fully loaded except the speed limit detection. It does have the assistance camera, but it's not a newer generation "stereo" camera.

I managed to code FULL active LEDs that I have to be honest, work flawlessly. They are so much better than the FULL active LEDs in my wife's 2018 GLC.

1) I was able to recode the speed-dependant variable lighting. This feature varies the low-beam throw (range) dynamically based on the speed of the vehicle. It also adjusts the low-beam when the car is in reverse gear.

2) I enabled the fully active "anti-dazzle" functionality. Basically when the auto-highbeams are enabled, the car will dynamically light up the road ahead (at highway speeds, this doesn't work at city speed). It will light around cars in front of me, will light up just the left or right shoulder if cars are approaching on the opposite direction or if a car is in the right service roads. I NEVER get flashed and I can see the system reacting before it disturbs oncoming cars.

However, when I first coded this... I unknowingly used the coding params from the F30 for the various LED elements. This resulted in the anti-dazzle detecting cars correctly, but the light beams were clearly way to high and blinding cars. This is normal given the height of the F30 LED's is much lower than F25/F26 LEDs. After I got the right coding for the F25/F26, I've never been flashed... not ONCE! US/Canadian spec cars will full LEDs can have anti-dazzle functionality enabled properly if coded right.
Appreciate 0