08-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #328
matt9999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
matt9999 who did your install?
Belmore Motor Works, near Ashfield. I'm pretty confident that they didn't read the instructions - and the supplier whom tried to talk them through the actual install has been very critical of them, and is certain himself they didn't read the instructions. But,
- the car drives well, even despite being very low and by observation of the adjusters at the lowest height setting, it is an improvement;
- the car looks a lot better sitting that much lower;
- the car does not make any noise, there are no squeaks / rattles, or anything to raise any fears;
- they didn't swap the bumpstops, but that hasn't caused any issues as yet, and from my recently acquired knowledge of bumpstops is not a life or death issue / can't affect how the springs will perform;
- actually looking at the springs they look right as compared to the photos / YouTube videos; and
- they have been really good with their time to discuss / allay any fears about the install subsequent. Their strong recommendation has been to roll on the existing set-up for two to four weeks, and then return the car for final adjustments.

I can only conclude that they were savvy enough to work out how to do a near enough to correct installation on their own. The install price was also reasonable (AU$924), but as noted in other posts, this is a minor concern relative to getting a correct job.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7838.00
r33_RGSport13020.50