Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekronoschef View Post
This will be a great comparison, and thanks for doing it. I've been considering one or both of the deletions. I currently have high flow DP, charge pipe and BMS intake. Is it true that deleting the resonator creates more drone than deleting the muffler. I spend quite a bit of time on the interstate at constant speeds, and am only delaying this mod for fear of the drone.
There's drone but it's something I can live with and am used to now. My car gets quite a few passengers old and new and never get complaints, in fact, everyone likes my exhaust.

I can't comment which delete caused more drone but I would probably lean toward the resonator since it's intended purposes are to muffle certain frequencies. In my honest opinion, it's not head ache inducing drone but I understand everyone is different.

If you're gonna do the delete, either do the resonator only or both. With just the muffler delete, sure you'll have more sound but an annoying rasp. I secretly disliked my exhaust pre-resonator delete because of the rasp at low rpms with >50% throttle. Deleting the resonator changed all of that and I couldn't be happier.
I really appreciate the detailed response. Thank you!
Appreciate 0