11-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #10
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
Yes, some flat screens have been transported while laying flat without damage. Others have not been so fortunate. Buyer beware.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...-flat-huh.html

If you fail to follow the manufacturer's recommendations during transport of a flat screen TV there is the potential for damage and the possibility that a warranty claim may be denied. How will the store know? What if they ask you to show them how you transported the TV to return it?
I did some reading on this since discovering it this morning, and it seems from a safety point of view, to cover their butts, most sites and moving companies recommend vertical transportation.

Laying it flat I read in and of itself shouldn't be a problem, but it's the potential bounces during transportation that could possibly cause issues around the edges of the screen. Plus, the fact that while flat during transportation, other things might fall on it, and it's easier to break it. But I personally think that if you've got a short drive, and do go over big bumps, etc. it should make it fine, as many have reported. But that's the official line...
Appreciate 0