View Single Post
      05-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #63
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I just took my new to me 997.2 for a spin. Tyres are less than half tread so a bit sketchy but damn, i forgot how "harsh" these cars are compared to modern cars or even the 991. It's loud, bumpy and you feel every mechanical piece at work. This is for better or worse, depends what you are looking for but winding it out in 3rd gear is quite the pleasing experience as it has JUUUUUST enough power to make you smile but not so much that "oh fuck i'm at 140 in 2nd gear so better slow down".

Each to his own, I may well decide after a couple years that I was something more civilised and want to run 2 cars, not 3, but if you want a sports car that feels like it was cut from a piece of granite...... 'tis good fun. For under $60K USD (all in with taxes etc) and 40,000 miles it was similarly priced to a newer Mustang or a E92 M3 in excellent shape. It was more, don't get me wrong, but not by a monumental amount.

In saying that, the dude above with kids 9 and 5, must be amputees. Mine are 10 and 6 and keep in mind they are not allowed in the front seat 'till age 13 here so my eldest is too tall to sit behind me and the youngest is horribly squished behind me and I am driving with knees on my chin. I am 6ft and looking to lose another 35 pounds but still, it's tight as a fishes arse. I will actually have the seat behind me removed for the 6 yr old so i can install his child seat and gain 3 inches or so.

Last edited by Alfisti; 05-04-2022 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0