CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
1) Why would you care what anyone else thinks? Fuck um.

2) Your father in law has no class. Why would he even relay that conversation to you and his daughter? The fact that he calls those buffoons his 'friends' speaks volumes. A real friend wouldn't diss your kids.
This 100%.

I'm in an interesting scenario because of my age and where I live. I get it from both sides. I get the people who assume my daddy bought me the "fancy" car, and I get the folks who say "anyone who drives a BMW more than 3 years old is a poor poser". Buy something real like a new 5 series.

Nope. I bought the car because it's fun to drive, I could care less about the age of it or the prestige. In fact I prefer buying older cars I can fix up and drive, it's a hobby. It's not that I can't afford a newer one, it's that I prefer older cars with character that are more fun. My other vehicle is a 22 year old Jeep Wrangler that I restored. Things like a well built and super clean E30 or E46 ZHP appeal to me more than newer more boring cookie cutter cars.

Bottom line is most people are judgmental when they know nothing about you, and do it just to get a reaction or to make themselves feel better. If they owned my car and it broke they wouldn't have the first clue WTF to do. I'm not sure why your father in law would even mention this to you unless he was trying to do the same. I always laugh when people brag about having a brand new car. They either A. Don't own it (if making payments, the bank does ) or B. If they bought it outright make poor financial decisions with depreciating assets.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00