View Single Post
      03-31-2020, 08:52 AM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
It got you hot enough to post on it - must be pushing some subconscious buttons. Time for some self-reflection. Sell that materialistic ride and go into deep meditation mode.

And next time, get a REAL BMW - a 2 series.
I have to agree with this. The comment allegedly made by the in-laws "friend" subconsciously struck a chord with the OP, otherwise he wouldn't have made this post. I've owned 2 BMW's, both were a 3 series and I loved them. However, I do have my experiences in dealing with some people that drive BMW's and while asking about their cars, they only know that it has a BMW emblem on it. In my experiences with these people, they drive 330i's and 328i's because they were on the lower end of the price spectrum. They saw the roundel and saw that it was cheap/affordable, then in the back of their mind the spark ignited "people will think I have money."

Case in point, one of my boss's just bought a 2019 330i in the past two weeks. He also tells everyone that it's a 340i, that it's a 2020, a I6 with twin turbos etc. It just isn't any of these things. It is in fact a 2019 base model 330i. Sure, he's proud of it and brags to everyone about it, but to be honest; it seems like an entry level BMW - as is my Lexus IS350. I love my car, but it isn't an RC or LC, it's what I could afford and I'm happy with it. That's all that matters. At the end of the day, you're splitting hairs over luxury cars.

OP, either be proud of what you have and pay no attention to the opinions of others OR sell the BMW and buy an SUV big enough for your son to sit comfortably in. I won't lie, the fact that your wife has a 370z and you had to buy the 4 door car seems a little suspect. OP also mentioned the smaller size of the 3 series; the new 3 series is the same size as the older 5 series it seems. The boss's new 330i is parked next to my Lexus this morning and his car is way bigger than mine. Now if I can only get him to race me....

Last edited by King Rudi; 03-31-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
Maynard3848.00