View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #76
QVDriver
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50i Alfa QV MINI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Truth, my brother! In the meantime, people are crazy for not exploiting the discrepancy in perception/reality. The deals are unreal right now for very good vehicles. I've owned 4 Porsches, 4 AMGs, 2 Ms, 3 Mercedes, 2 Audis, 3 BMWs, 1 VW, etc...and the Alfas are the most fun driving yet.

If you haven't driven a Quadrifoglio (Giulia or Stelvio) for an extended test drive (more than a 4 mile beat) then try one out. It is a hell of car. Sort of like merging an M3 with an RS5 taking the best attributes from each...except for the infotainment, but even there, I actually prefer simplicity to complexity because cars are like...for driving!

The Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs. BMW X3M vs. AMG GLC63 vs. Jaguar F Pace SVR vs. Porsche Macan Turbo Performance Pack comparison tests are going to be epic. Great time to be alive!
I bet we know each other from another forum

I have Giulia QV CCM and Sparco everything you can ask for. I would agree that anyone not taking advantage of the perception reality thing is missing out. The QV has been a complete joy our servicing dealer has been great and the way the car drives is amazing. We did forgo the Stelvio QV for the 2019 X5 50i (sorry just couldn't go for the 40i after the 505 hp) but I can say we are really enjoying the new X5. It has a ton of power but is no sedan. The Stelvio QV is a rocket but personally I think rockets belong in coupes and sedans. I would recommend just to make sure you can say you tried them both to test drive the QV version. It isn't always about the spec. At least on the QV Giulia it is so precise but yet graceful and dial it up the subtle sedan turns into a monster. It is also quite fun since no one really knows what it is. Very nice exhaust note with a forza bypass controller in all modes. It is nice having a few different brands. Now it is a MINI a new X5 and a QV. All over the map.

By the way are still looking at the 4C used now. The QV is Rosso Tri-coat as well but with dark Tecnico. Alfa would have had a better shot had the larger SUV been released but couldn't wait. Very happy with the X5 50i. I can't even imagine and X5M. Almost silly in that size of car. The X3M makes a lot more sense. The X5 50 is 4.4 I think so no slouch however those smaller sport crossovers are a heck of a lot of fun but it is also nice to jump into entirely different driving experiences in different brands. What do I feel like driving today??? We really do need that 4C. Love the Stelvio QV or the X3M though
Attached Images

Last edited by QVDriver; 05-15-2019 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00